One of the most beautiful place in China – Guilin:-)
Guìlín (Chinese: 桂林; Zhuang: Gveilinz) is a prefecture-level city in the northeast of the Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region of far southern China, sitting on the west bank of the Li River. Its name means “forest of Sweet Osmanthus”, owing to the large number of fragrant Sweet Osmanthus trees located in the city. The city has long been renowned for its unique scenery.
- “I often sent pictures of the hills of Guilin which I painted to friends back home, but few believed what they saw.”
- 桂林山水甲天下 – “Guilin’s scenery is best among all under heaven.”
- - popular Chinese saying
Guilin cuisine is known for its snacks and the use of spices, especially chili. Guilin chili sauce (桂林辣椒酱), used widely in cooking by locals, is made of fresh chili, garlic, and fermented soybeans, and is considered one of the city’s Three Treasures (桂林三宝). The other two of the Three Treasures are Guilin Sanhua Jiu (桂林三花酒), a variety of rice baijiu, or liquor distilled from rice; and Guilin pickled tofu (桂林豆腐乳).
Guilin rice noodles (桂林米粉) have been the local breakfast staple since the Qin dynasty and are renowned for their delicate taste. Legend has it that when Qin troops suffering from diarrhoea entered this region, a cook created the Guilin rice noodles for the army because they had trouble eating the local food. Specifically, the local specialty is noodles with horse meat, but this dish can also be ordered without the horse meat. Zongzi(粽子; pinyin: zòngzi), a dumpling made from glutinous rice and mung bean paste wrapped in a bamboo or banana leaf) is another popular delicacy in Guilin.
Scenic spots around Guilin include:
- Jingjiang Princes City, a royal complex dating from the Ming Dynasty that lies near the center of modern Guilin
- Reed Flute Cave (芦笛岩)
- Seven Star Park (七星公园)
- Seven-Star Cave and Ludi (Reed-Flute) Cave
- Camel Mountain and Elephant Trunk Hill （骆驼山）
- Piled Festoon Hill （堆花彩山）
- Crescent Hill （月牙山）
- Fubo Hill (伏波山)
- Nanxi Hill (南溪山)
- Erlang Gorge （二郎山峡谷）
- Huangbu (Yellow Cloth) Beach （黄埔滩）
- Moon Hill (月亮山)
- Longsheng Rice Terrace (龙胜水稻台)
- Daxu Ancient Town (大圩古市镇)
- Duxiu (Solitary Beauty) Peak （独秀峰）
- Liusanjie landscape Garden （刘三姐景观园）
China, the oldest civilization on earth!
China is the largest country in East Asia with Beijing as its capital city. In this video clip learn all about China.
Shanghai, the biggest city in China, is beautiful in the day, but more so in the night with the lighting in many areas. Hope you enjoy the video. The Bund, with mostly old English-style buildings are now trailing the rapid advances of Pudong, which is located just across the Huangpu, a water way between Yantze River and Hangzhou.